The European Geosciences Union (EGU) supports the start-up phase by fully waiving the article processing charges (APCs).
Article processing charges (APCs)
Geochronology is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final revised paper in the journal (preprints are free of charge).
|Price per journal page||Description|
|Category 1||currently waived||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package|
|Category 2||currently waived||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word Template|
|English language copy-editing is included in the article processing charges.|
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors, editors, and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for final revised papers;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS, as well as a number of national libraries.